2019 Annual Recital "Groovin' Around The Globe"
For general information about our recital, see our Recital Benefits & Information page.
Date: Saturday, June 8, 2019 (Followed by free family reception.)
Each class is in one show.
Show 1: 11:45am, Doors Open Approximately at 11:30
* Mandatory Dress Rehearsal, Staggered Check-In Starting Time: 8:30am
Show 2: 5:00pm, Doors Open Approximately at 4:45
* Mandatory Dress Rehearsal, Staggered Check-In Starting Time: 2:00pm
Place: Marston Middle School, 3799 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, CA 92117
Parking: Free and plenty
Fees: No dancer participation fee, just a costume fee which you get to keep
Please see RECITAL SCHEDUL & CHECK-IN TIMES here.
Step 1: Understand What The Recital Is So That You Feel Comfortable
An event such as the recital is often a 'first' for many families and their young dancers, and we want everyone feeling comfortable, confident and excited. Dance To EvOLvE has specialized in this age group for 10-years, and we create a fun, inviting, age-appropriate and non-intimidating recital day for our dancers and families.
* Top questions and concerns answered here in a quick video on safety and recital details.
* Here is a quick video on day of recital logistics and details for a fun, stress free day.
When the costume is delivered in class in May, it will include a costume letter that will explain all the details you need, including costume info, hair, make-up and check-in and show times. Tip: Be flexible and plan sleeping and meal times accordingly so we get the best out of our dancers. (Remember that class moms will have snacks.)
Step 2: Register For Recital By Ordering Your Dancer's Costume
All dancers participating in the recital must order a costume.
Recital Registration: Costume Registration Closed
Costume Fee: $65
* After 4/2, additional $20 late fee if costume is still available. (If you are a new student with us in spring session 2, please contact us to avoid late fee.)
* See tickets and family dance purchase information below.
Dance Recital Costume Information:
* Costumes are chosen by the EvOLvE team based on cuteness, appropriateness, availability of styles/sizes and budget. Costumes may change without notice due to out-of-stock issues.
* Everything is included in costume fee except shoes. You keep it all!
* There are no refunds or costume returns because costumes are non-returnable to the costume vendors.
* Please note that costumes are ordered in available sizes, consequently families are responsible for any needed alterations.
* When doing costume sizing, remember this is 2-3 months from now, so round up.
Step 3: Know Important Dates About The Recital
February 8: Recital Registration Opens.
Feb. 25-March 9: All students will be measured in class for the recital costume. Parent/guardian signatures are required on costume sizing to confirm or opt-out of recital participation.
March 1: Volunteer Registration Is Open. Volunteer Here!
April-June: Attendance in class is especially important so dancers can learn their dance with confidence
Mid-May: Teachers will post recital choreography online on the EvOLvE YouTube channel so that students can practice at home.
May: Costumes will be distributed in class as they arrive throughout May. Costume letter will be included which will include all the details that you need to know about show day and discussed during parent meeting (during the week of the 13th-19th)
May 20: Volunteer Registration Will Close
May 28: Family Dance Registration Closes
May 31: Online tickets close. Tickets will be available at the door.
June 1: Family Dance Rehearsal 1:00-3:30pm (approximately)
June 8: Annual Recital, Show 1 @ 11:30am, Show 2 @ 5:00pm (With Dress Rehearsal Beforehand)
Week of June 10th: Spring Session Ends Depending on location
Week of June 17th: Summer Session Starts With Classes and Camps
Step 4: Participate & Register For The Family Dance
We promise that it will be easy, fun & non-intimidating...so don’t be shy! This is a very special bonding opportunity for you and your dancer. Dad and dancer for a special bonding moment, mom and dancer…whatever your reason, this is a time to create a memory that your dancer will never forget! Of course a grandparent, aunt, uncle or any family member is welcome; one adult per child.
The family dance will be first in the show, so adults will dance first, then be able to sit back & enjoy the rest of the recital. Dancers will join their class backstage after the family dance. Each family will participate in the same show that your dancer is already performing in.
Cost: $38 for parent and dancer to participate to cover rehearsal costs & fees. Includes free admission to show. (Registration closes 5/28.)
Costume: No costume fee as you can create your costume from your closet
Rehearsal Date: Saturday, June 1, 1:30 - 4:00 (It is usually shorter...but just in case.)
(One rehearsal. Simple dance steps also provided on YouTube to practice at home or if you can't make rehearsal.)
Rehearsal Location: Doyle Recreation Center (8175 Regents Rd, San Diego, CA 92122) Fenced in area behind the building. Please bring water, a snack, and sun protection if needed.
Step 5: Volunteer Today/ Buy Tickets & T-Shirts
* Check out our volunteer opportunities and benefits before ordering tickets.
* Pre-purchased tickets will be available at the Will Call table on the day of the show. Please pick them up at dress rehearsal if possible.
Tickets: Tickets are non-refundable. Seating is first come first served. (Only two seats can be saved to be fair to everyone.) Handicap access available.
Purchase Tickets HERE.
* We expect a full house so we encourage everyone to buy tickets ahead of time. Only remaining tickets will be sold at the door. (Also please feel free to bring a small hand fan.) *
Adults: $14 Pre-Sale Online (closes 5/31); $16 at the door (cash, check, credit card accepted)
7-16 years: $12 Pre-Sale Online; $14 at the door
6 years and under: Free (If show is full, please have children sit on your lap.)
Step 6: Practice At Home, Have Fun & Order Your DVD Ahead Of Time
Practice Recital Dance At Home: See 2019 Videos Here
Vendors: Legacy Video will be at both shows to film. Purchase on day of show.
All shows on one DVD. Pre-Purchase DVD Order Form
Photography/ Videography: Please note that photography and videography during any show is not allowed in the interest of the dancers' safety and enjoyment of all audience members. We will have volunteer photographers at all the shows that will provide free pictures and professional DVD's will be available for pre-sale and on the day of the event. There will also be a photo area for class pictures and that you can use after the show.
Step 7: Have Any More Questions or Concerns?
Ask Us! We specialize in this age group and happy to talk about with you about your dancer. If you have any questions or concerns, we are here to help! Please email the office or call (858) 876-5327.