Dance Recital for Kids in Chicago
Enrollment Spring Classes: While recital is highly encouraged, not all of our dancers are able to participate in recital, therefore it is not required. The spring classes do spend a little more time working on choreography for recital, but the class is still structured and highly beneficial to all dancers in the class.
All dancers wanting to participate in the recital must be registered for the full spring semester.
THE BENEFITS OF Dance To EvOLvE's RECITAL IN CHICAGO
- No dance recital participation fee, only a costume fee (no mandatory recital package to participate). All dancers are automatically enrolled in the recital and will be charged for costume on April 1st. If you are unable to participate in the recital, please opt-out with your signature on the costume sizing chart in class with your teacher.
- Affordable costume fee (includes costume, tights and accessories)
- EvOLvE provides free dance class and performance pictures to all families
- Volunteer opportunities in exchange for benefits such as free tickets
- Dance recital preparation starts in spring as to not distract from non-recital dancers and regular weekly lessons
- Dress Rehearsal is the night before recital to prep the dancers for the show the next day.
- Age appropriate movement and costumes
- Dance To EvOLvE believes in providing students with a non-intimidating environment for a memorable experience (no distracting light effects)
THE BENEFITS OF PERFORMANCE IN CHICAGO
- The dance recital is a fun experience that creates lifetime memories
- The dance recital allows dancers to fully experience a performing art and the unique feeling of being on stage
- Preparing for a dance recital is a way for dancers to work on memorization skills, rhythm, technique, teamwork, and much more...and they LOVE having something to be proud of
- It gives dancers the opportunity to perform in front of an audience that will boost self-confidence in everything they do
- Family and friends in Chicago get to see what their dancers have learned in dance class
DANCE RECITAL REQUIREMENTS/ POLICIES:
- Participating dancers must be registered in a dance class for kids in Chicago from March-June. (We encourage students to register earlier in the year as to fully benefit from the class.)
- Dance recital is a commitment for everyone involved (dancers, parents, volunteers, teachers, etc). Exceptions cannot be made and we encourage you to note deadlines to avoid late fees.
- The dress rehearsal is required for all participating dancers.
- Any student who misses three or more classes during dance recital season will be evaluated for their readiness to participate in the dance recital since rehearsal is during regular class time.
- Photography and videography will be allowed during the dance recital. Please be respectful of all people around you. No flash photography.
- Seating is first come first served. (No saving of seats to be fair to everyone.)
HAVE FUN PRACTICING WITH YOUR DANCER AT HOME! WATCH THE FUN!