Kid's Dance Recital in San Diego
Enrollment Spring Classes: While recital is highly encouraged, not all of our dancers are able to participate in recital, therefore recital is not required. The spring classes do spend a little more time working on choreography for recital, but the class is still structured and highly beneficial to all dancers in the class.
All dancers wanting to participate in recital must be enrolled in the full spring semester.
THE BENEFITS OF Dance To EvOLvE's DANCE RECITAL IN SAN DIEGO
- No dance recital participation fee, only a costume fee (no mandatory recital package to participate).
- Affordable costume fee (includes costume, tights and accessories)
- EvOLvE provides free performance pictures to all families
- Volunteer opportunities in exchange for benefits such as free tickets and t-shirts (opens mid-March)
- Free reception after the kid's dance recital in San Diego
- Plenty of free parking
- Kid's dance recital preparation starts in late spring as to not distract from non-recital dancers and regular weekly lessons
- To make dance recital convenient for everyone, dress rehearsals are scheduled directly before the actual show (It's a one stop shop for parents.)
- We hold 2-3 mini-shows (approximately 1-1.5 hours each) compared to one very long show
- Age appropriate movement and costumes
- Dance To EvOLvE believes in providing students with a non-intimidating environment for a memorable experience (no hot or scary lights and no distracting effects)
- Check out the blog Preparing For Your Child's Recital
THE BENEFITS OF PERFORMANCE
- The kid's dance recital is a fun experience that creates lifetime memories
- The kid's dance recital allows dancers to fully experience a performing art and the unique feeling of being on stage
- Preparing for a dance recital is a way for kids to work on memorization skills, rhythm, technique, teamwork, and much more...and they LOVE having something to be proud of
- It gives kids the opportunity to perform in front of an audience in San Diego that will boost self-confidence in everything they do
- Family and friends get to see what their dancers have learned during dance class in San Diego
DANCE RECITAL REQUIREMENTS/ POLICIES:
- Participating dancers must be registered in a kid's dance class in San Diego for the spring semester. (We encourage students to register earlier in the year as to fully benefit from the class.)
- Dance recital is a commitment for everyone involved (dancers, parents, volunteers, teachers, etc). Exceptions cannot be made and we encourage you to note deadlines to avoid late fees.
- The dress rehearsal is required for all participating dancers.
- Any student who misses three or more classes during recital season will be evaluated for their readiness to participate in the recital since rehearsal is during regular dance class time.
- All kids who are 2 years or older are welcome to participate in the dance recital in San Diego. (Magical Munchkin classes are at the discretion of the teacher.)
- Photography and videography during any kid's dance recital in San Diego is not allowed in the interest of the dancers' safety and enjoyment of all audience members. We will have volunteer photographers at all the shows that will provide free pictures and professional DVD's will be for sale. There will also be a photo area for pictures after the show.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Seating is first come first served. (No saving of seats to be fair to everyone.)
HAVE FUN PRACTICING WITH YOUR DANCER AT HOME! WATCH THE FUN!