DRESS CODE FOR CLASSES
Please see our blog on the importance of a dress code. We offer a flexible dress code with no specific required colors or styles.
Where to make your dance class purchases?
Receive 8% off your first order with Discount Dance by using Dance To EvOLvE's code TP35961. You will also find affordable dance attire and shoes at stores such as Target, Payless, and sometimes Walmart, but they tend to be hit or miss. Local dance stores are also an option but the prices will be more expensive. For safety reasons, dancers are not permitted to wear jewelry in any class.
YOU&me Movement and Music Class
have no dress code and requires no specific dance shoes. Leotards, tights,tights, tutus and ballet shoes are always welcomed as they only add to the fun in YOU&me. Sweatpants, t-shirts and tennis shoes are great. No sandals, flip flops, boots or crocs for safety.
All Tap & Ballet Classes (Magical Munchkins/ Tiny Movers/ Star Shiners)
We want our dancers to have fun while being safe and appropriate. Dancers are asked to wear proper dance attire (ex: leotard, tights, and tutus) and/or simple leggings and a t-shirt. We ask that tiny tots’ dance clothes are worn for dance class so that the student understands that they are coming to dance class and not an unstructured play time. Hair needs to be pulled back.
Shoes For Ballet/Tap Classes
* Please label your child's name in all shoes.
* Pink ballet shoes (black for boys) Ballet shoes should have an elastic across the front of the ankle to keep the shoes from falling off the heel and the shoestring should be double knotted and tucked into the shoe. (Cut length as needed.) Ballet slippers with a thick cushion sole are not recommended. Dancers can easily trip in them. (These are usually satin with a thick cushion, more like a slipper compared to a proper flat ballet shoe.) Socks by themselves are not allowed as to avoid slipping.
* Black tap shoes with a shoestring/buckle/velcro are required in appropriate classes. At applicable sites, ask your teachers for non-slips to put on the bottom of your dancer's shoes to avoid slips.
These colors are only required during the recital so if purchasing new shoes, it is best to plan ahead.
* Please see our blog on how to pick out dance shoes and the type of shoes to avoid.
All Hip Hop Classes (Baby Boppers, Beat Breakers & Hip Hop)
Sweats, leggings, and t-shirts are great...wear clothes that you can easily move in and are appropriate when dancing and doing floor work. (Shorts and skirts can be a challenge.) Girls should wear their hair pulled back in a ponytail. Sneakers with laces are required (safety first). Barefoot, clogs, crocs, sandals, flip flops or socks just won't work.
CLASS MAKE-UP POLICY
Class make-ups are allowed for sickness, family emergency and being out of town. A dancer has one month to make-up any missed class from the day he/she missed class. It can be made-up in any age appropriate class at any location that has availability. We appreciate an email prior to your make-up class so we can confirm the class has availability for an extra student. Make-up classes cannot be done in a dancer’s regular class. See schedule for make-up options. (Nobel Rec only allows Nobel Rec registered dancers to do make-ups and Poway does not allow make-up classes
SAFETY FIRST...To ensure all our dancer's safety, Dance To EvOLvE has a sign-in drop off system.
* If you are planning on leaving (dropping off) your dancer during class, sign the completed clipboard with the phone number where you can be reached during the next hour in case of an emergency. This needs to be done every week for any dancer who does not have an adult within viewing distance. This will give our teachers quick access to an accurate telephone number to contact you if needed.
We are confident that your dancer will love our classes but if for some reason a refund is necessary:
* For locations where registration goes through the city, please contact the location for their refund policy, deadlines and applicable surcharge. See their contact info on the neighborhood page.
Refund policy for the City of San Diego: The City of San Diego requires written that refund applications must be submitted, using the City form, in person at the facility where the program occurs. Refunds will be processed in accordance with the following policy: (1) Full refund of the registration fee – application submitted at least 3 calendar days prior to the first class meeting OR (2) 75% of the registration fee - application submitted less than 3 calendar days prior to the first class OR (3) No refund for requests submitted later than 24 hours after the first class meeting.
Refund policy for the City of Poway: The City of Poway requires that refunds and transfers must be requested in writing by noon at least one week prior to the start date of class. A $15 cancellation fee will be deducted. No cancellation fee will be deducted if customer places refund as a credit on account. Credit on account will be valid for one year and may be applied to another enrollment or reservation.
* If EvOLvE takes the registration at your location, there are no refunds for monthly enrollment. Please cancel prior to the 25th of the month to discontinue your enrollment and to not be charged for the next month. (Note that you will no longer be a part of the loyalty program and receive the benefits.) There are no refunds for those enrolled in the discounted semester pricing option.
TEACHER ASSISTANTS IN LARGE CLASSES
To ensure high quality classes and a good dancer ratio, an Assistant Teacher will help with our larger tiny tot ballet combo classes. The ratio and class size may vary time to time to accommodate class needs and class make-up policies.
HOW DO YOU STAY IN THE KNOW?
4 easy ways...
1. Like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ for fun contests, pictures, stories and updated information. (Please note our waiver regarding the use of pictures as DTE does use pictures and videos from classes in social media.)
2. Add email@example.com to your email address book for monthly newsletters.
3. Check the announcement board at class and listen to your teacher’s announcements.
4. Check out the Dance To EvOLvE blog for all sorts of fun information.